You can set an assignment for your class to complete. When you add an assignment you can:
- set the date it is due
- attach a file like a resource, notes or worksheet
- specify if the assignment needs to be completed on TYP and if the students will need to upload a file to complete the assignment.
- specify which students in your class are requiredto do the assignment (this allows for differentiation)
Add an assignment for your class
- Select the Assignments page from the menu on the left of your dashboard.
- Click New Assignment
- Select the class you want to create the assignment for
- Enter the details of the assignment
- If you want to add an attachment such as notes or a worksheet you can click on Add File to select a file. You can attach multiple files to the assignment.
- Select the assignment type:
General Assignment could be a study task or something your students have to do, it is not collected or reviewed on TYP.
Specific Assignment is an assignment that students will have to type a direct response to in TYP, this will be reviewed by the teacher.
If Specific Assignment is selected the student will have to attach a file in order to complete the assignment. An example of this would be setting an assignment for the students to write a CV in a word document and requiring them to submit it for review on TYP.
- Expand Assign to Students if you want to exclude any students from the assignment. By default, any new assignment is assigned to all students in the class.
- Click Done